Monday, February 4, 2008

Journal 4

Journal #4

Jack

First Kill!

Today finally for the first time since we have been on this island I caught a pig. To do so I had to take some of my hunters of the fire watch, so we could surround the pig and close in on him. When we finally found the pig, we crept our way around the pig making a circle, enclosing the piglet in a smaller space. As we all started to close the circle, the pig started to run, but thanks to my wonderful attack style he has no where to go. We all jump on top of the pig and started beating it, I finally cut its throat making it able for us to eat.

My hunters and I put the pig on a stake and the twins started to carry it around. Eventually a chant broke out. We decided to go cook it so we headed up back to the fire hoping to be able to cook the pig and eat it as soon as we could. When we finally reached the top there was Simon, Ralph, and Maurice standing there, panting and glaring at us. I start to yell out that we finally got a pig to eat for meat; Ralph interrupted me with, “You let the fire out.” I didn’t understand what the big idea was. He then informed us that there was a ship on the horizon and if we had kept the fire going we might have been rescued. Right then I knew I made a mistake; I quickly sucked it up and started to argue with him. “We got meat!” He just started to repeat, “You let the fire go out.”

Well what has happened has happened and we can’t fix the past. We cook up the meat and distributed the meat evenly through out the kids. The rest of the night it was silent and no one said a word to anyone else, except the casual murmurs that the littuns had with each other

No comments: