Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Journal #7

Journal #7

Chapter 7 – Shadows and Tall Trees

Perspective of Ralph

Meeting the beast

I have unwilling start to turn into a part of Jacks personality. The others shouldn’t know this, but I am starting to feel the pull of Jack’s hunting and blood thirst. I am supposed to be a role model for the other kids to follow but I am only becoming a lackey of Jack and his way of thinking. We found some pig tracks while we headed up to light the fire. So we followed them so we could get some meat on the way. Then a giant boar came out of nowhere. Using my new found Jack hunting skills, I threw the spear as hard as I could at the boar. It stuck into the boar’s snout and the boar went squealing off into the forest. I felt so proud that I had finally had done something to help the group in a real time of danger, instead of just sticking on the side lines and letting Jack do it all. I started to boast a little about throwing the spear so Robert, trying to be funny, started to act like the boar and charge towards me. It started off fine, but then we eventually found ourselves over Robert with spears jabbing at him ever which way. I came to my normal senses and backed everyone back. I felt embarrassed that I had finally stooped to Jacks level of ferocious and started to actually attack one of my own people.

We quickly moved on to the mountain and started to climb a very steep, difficult and sharp hills with tons of rocks. We need to hurry so everyone started to scrap themselves.

When we finally got near the top everyone wanted to just sleep. Although me, Robert, and Jack wanted to keep going. We continued on and found a cave like entrance in the mountain. We went into it in the dead of night, but once we got near the end me and Robert started to hesitate and Jack taunted us to keep going. We eventually all went up and saw the beast. It was moving in the shadows, big, bulky and was making a reaction like it was a breathing frog. I hope it doesn’t wake up and attack us, if this happens everyone left on this island is dead.

No comments: