Journal #5
Simon
The Meeting
Today Ralph called a meeting late at night. Before this he had gotten mad about how Jack and his stupid hunters had let the fire out when there was a ship, to go hunting. I had a good feeling that this was what it was going to be about. When he finally blew the conch, half the kids were already there and the others were waiting for it and were immediately there when he blew it.
During the whole meeting he told us that we should stop messing around and thinking this was going to be fun. During this meeting I think most of the kids started to realize that this was going to be another fun day messing around playing on the beach. That everyone had to do something productive so that they could survive. Ralph started to actually act like a leader or a chief this meeting. He was telling everyone what their mistakes were and he was trying to get everyone to act like a family and help out everyone else, instead of making one or two people do everything. After Ralph had his talk about how everyone should be productive, Jack grab the conch and started calling everyone babies and sissies for not doing anything and just sitting around. I think this is one of the reasons we voted Ralph chief and not Jack because Ralph trying to be productive and Jack just makes everyone feel bad and doesn’t suggests ways to help.
During Jack talking the talk about the beast rose up. Piggy had the conch and started hinting towards the kid everyone knows is dead and how he thought there was a beast in the jungle. Jack started to argue that he has search the whole island by himself and he has seen no beast. Ralph then joined in and started asking everyone where the beast lived. I think this frightened a lot of the kids so they felt like they were being forced to come up with a answer. One of the littl’uns stood up and stepped forward. After a bunch of bagger against him about his name he finally said that the beats lived in the water. I do not know if this is true or not but one thing is for sure, that is that some of the people believe there is a beast and as long as one person believes it will continue to be mentioned and eventually take over our group.
After the meeting everyone went of into their own groups, since everyone was tried. Ralph told me and Piggy that he was thinking of quitting being the chief. We begged him not to because then Jack would be chief and that would be much worse. I think we convince him not to, but its his decision and he will do was he wants to in the end.
6 comments:
I LIKE HOW YOU DID YOUR LIKE 2 MINUTES AGO
I liked how you described the meeting from the standpoint of a simple bystander, what Simon really is. It was like I was there, but I really didn't do anything.
I like how you were able to write with Simon's personality in mind, and still be able to put in what happened that day. Good Job!
WOW! I liked how u described how the meeting went and how you make it seem if the reader is the really there.
i liked how you described how simon was feeling and how he was trying to get it out of him when they were talking about the beastie.
I like the way you showed Simon's opinions. He never says much in the book so you have to use your imagination. I
Post a Comment